Skip to main content

Levels of infidelity 06/10/2023

 Did you know that there are 4 levels or types of infidelity? Two of these types of infidelity require a partner in crime of sorts. The other two are considered infidelity because of the secrets and deception that form from them. They are more sociological than they are physical. Lets break these down so that we can better understand what we are dealing with and so that we can evaluate ourselves.

When you hear infidelity you probably think sexual infidelity, such as cheating or sleeping with someone other than your spouse or significant other. But did you know that sexual infidelity is not the most common type of infidelity. The scriptures call sexual sin second only to murder, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be the most common,  people think that as long as they don't sleep with someone else or kiss another they are ok, but that is far from the truth. The most common infidelity is emotional infidelity. It's when commitment changes to another person because of an emotional connection and closeness.

Think back to R.A.M, we talked about it a couple weeks ago. A relationship is built off of 5 key points. These being know, trust, rely, commit, and touch. So if you move your trust and commitment and start to confide in another about something that you should be turning to your spouse than you are cheating on your spouse in a non-physical way. It is also almost always justified with something similar to "I never kissed them or even hugged them". Regardless of the physical aspect, their commitment is no longer to their spouse and that makes it an affair. It is also more common for women to become emotionally involved with someone else and for that connection to evolve into something more. 

The other two types of infidelity are both about keeping secrets and don't include another person. They are financial infidelity and fantasy infidelity. Financial infidelity is one that creates a lot of troubles in a marriage. One partner feels the need to hide income or spending from the other which is breaking trust and creating tension. This can be because of a gambling habit or a personal view that their partner doesn't need to or deserve to know what they are doing with the money. Financial infidelity has become more of a problem lately due to the culture that both people need to be bringing in what they are spending. Going Dutch has become the new in and it has been creating divides not only fanatically but in the bonds on marriage.

Being completely honest with yall. Fantasy infidelity is one that kind of hit home for me. I have seen how this one can hurt because I have been hurt by this one. Fantasy infidelity is when one person in the relationship reads, watches, listens, or looks at anything that could be any version of fantasy reality. This plays with your partner's mind and makes them feel like they aren't enough for you. How many of you have ever wondered what your partner or significant other thinks about when you fall asleep or when you are not there? How many of you have wondered if you are getting compared to someone in there past or even someone from the book or movie they just finished? This is called Fantasy Infidelity. When they let entertainment become more important than the person they committed to. When the guy in the skin tight white shirt or the girl with effortless hair enters their mind when it should be their significant other they are thinking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome! please hear me out

Hi! Welcome to my blog on family relations, my name is Sariah Crosby and I'm so glad you decided to join me on this journey of learning more about the relationships that matter most. Some things you should know is that I am the fifth child out of seven and that I am a Christian. My faith in Jesus Chirst and His teachings definitely influences my viewpoint but His teachings also backs some of the findings and articles I will be talking about. That being said I really want to focus on the current trends in the family units and the impacts of the trends we are seeing. First let's start with some common comments about marriage and families in general. One I hear a lot is “why do I want to get married? It is just a paper that causes more trouble and paperwork if it does not work out.” Another is “I want to be successful before I do that.” Then we have the debate of what a family is and the argument of whether a man can marry a man or a woman to a woman. These comments, debates and a

the Importance of Fathers

  You all probably have heard me say it before but my dad means the world to me. So I would like to spend today talking about the importance of dads, fathers, papa, or whatever your all call that amazing male role model in your life! I personally have had bad days and good days, and I think many if not all of you are in the same or similar boat, but it never mattered because I knew and still know that my dad would and will be there for me, to tell me I was and am strong enough to make it though whatever it was or is. I hope to be able to show my passion and belief that having a present and interactive father can and does make a very large and positive impact on a child's life. Something that I really value from my childhood was my time with my dad. The majority of our time spent together was always him, my siblings, and I working side by side and very little talking. It was hard work usually washing calves or fixing fence that the elk blew through but I was able to watch him do som