Skip to main content

Divorce & remarriage

 People who entertain the thoughts of divorce are also entertaining untrue thoughts. Well if you did not guess it, I will just tell ya. Today we are talking about divorce and remarriages. Both of which can get a little sticky and whether or not we know it or recognizes it one or both have affected ether us or one of our friends. As always we get deep into our topics and at the same time we look at the numbers. So please keep an open mind and let it all seek in. Well lets dive!

Numbers first though. One in specific is 70 percent. Why that one? Well 70% of people who get divorces end up regretting it within two years. 70% of men who get divorced end up remarried within those same two years. The last statistic is that 70% of the couples who said that they were very dissatisfied in their marriage but stuck it out reported five years later that they were now satisficed or very satisfied. Those are the numbers, all gathered in studies.

The next part of it all that I want to talk about are the types of divorce. There are four of them and in my opinion NONE of them are pretty. The first is economic, meaning its all about the money and that that is probably what the arguments start over. The next is social divorce. This is when you start by forcing your friends to choose sides and honestly is very childish. Third is emotional, its kind of straight forward. It is when we create an emotional wall and lock them out. The last is Parental, when an division begins between the parents and its about the kids and how to parent. Did you find the connection. Each one begins with the couple disagreeing and going behind the others back. It all begins with simple disagreements that one or both decide not to resolve. Following those disagreements resentment is held onto and untrue thoughts begin to come more often and are given more energy than the true thoughts.

Remember those numbers that we got all the numbers out in the open, lets talk about them and get a little deeper that the surface level. First lets look a little deeper at those who regret it and combine it with the quote we began this blog with. 70 percent of people regret their decision to get divorced and those who think about divorce are entertaining untrue thoughts. People lets seriously look at this. If only we would just learn to trust and communicate.

Now sometimes divorce is the path to take and somewhere down the road you are apart of a blended family. This option still is not easy and that whole needing to trust and communicate will never be more true to your life. It is important to figure out a sense of normalcy and this takes time. In fact it will take years, so do not give up if the first six months are nothing like you thought they would be. You now have to figure out your role whether you are the birth parent or the step parent. Lets talk about this, see now more than ever you and your spouse should be having more conversations behind closed doors show your kids that you are a team and that they can not divide you. Because they have already watch at least one of the most important relationships in their lives get broken and not heal. They will test this one. The biological parent should be the one that takes on most of the discipline, allow some time for the kids to warm up to your new spouse and do not make them the bad guy. Step parent do not cave to the pressure of wanting the kids to like you and let them break rules that their bio parents have set. No matter what part of life and relationships you are in communication will always be vital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome! please hear me out

Hi! Welcome to my blog on family relations, my name is Sariah Crosby and I'm so glad you decided to join me on this journey of learning more about the relationships that matter most. Some things you should know is that I am the fifth child out of seven and that I am a Christian. My faith in Jesus Chirst and His teachings definitely influences my viewpoint but His teachings also backs some of the findings and articles I will be talking about. That being said I really want to focus on the current trends in the family units and the impacts of the trends we are seeing. First let's start with some common comments about marriage and families in general. One I hear a lot is “why do I want to get married? It is just a paper that causes more trouble and paperwork if it does not work out.” Another is “I want to be successful before I do that.” Then we have the debate of what a family is and the argument of whether a man can marry a man or a woman to a woman. These comments, debates and a

Levels of infidelity 06/10/2023

  Did you know that there are 4 levels or types of infidelity? Two of these types of infidelity require a partner in crime of sorts. The other two are considered infidelity because of the secrets and deception that form from them. They are more sociological than they are physical. Lets break these down so that we can better understand what we are dealing with and so that we can evaluate ourselves. When you hear infidelity you probably think sexual infidelity, such as cheating or sleeping with someone other than your spouse or significant other. But did you know that sexual infidelity is not the most common type of infidelity. The scriptures call sexual sin second only to murder, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be the most common,  people think that as long as they don't sleep with someone else or kiss another they are ok, but that is far from the truth. The most common infidelity is emotional infidelity. It's when commitment changes to another person because of an emotio

the Importance of Fathers

  You all probably have heard me say it before but my dad means the world to me. So I would like to spend today talking about the importance of dads, fathers, papa, or whatever your all call that amazing male role model in your life! I personally have had bad days and good days, and I think many if not all of you are in the same or similar boat, but it never mattered because I knew and still know that my dad would and will be there for me, to tell me I was and am strong enough to make it though whatever it was or is. I hope to be able to show my passion and belief that having a present and interactive father can and does make a very large and positive impact on a child's life. Something that I really value from my childhood was my time with my dad. The majority of our time spent together was always him, my siblings, and I working side by side and very little talking. It was hard work usually washing calves or fixing fence that the elk blew through but I was able to watch him do som